Happy Monday and 5 Good Things

Oh my goodness guys... three weeks in a row. This will probably be a personal best. Just sayin in case you get your hopes up. Another busy week survived! Hooray! The only downside to this week was the intense amount of pollen in the air. Allergies have been insane this week leaving me with WAY too many not so nice headaches. On the plus side, today marks two weeks until I leave for Stanley and cleaner air! 

Because it was such a busy week, it was quite easy to find 5 good things...

1. Linner!!

All three of us, Jerrad, Matt and I, had an impromptu afternoon off so we actually had time to make a proper late lunch, early dinner. Hence, Linner!! We made eggplant parmesan with butternut triangioli (fancy word for triangle ravioli), an awesome salad with blue cheese, blackberries and candied walnuts and rosemary bacon chipotle bread. It was A-MA-ZING!!!

2. Surprise packages


Several weeks ago I donated to John Barrowmans No Hate campaign and wasn't expecting to see the tank top I ordered for another few weeks. Seeing this on Tuesday really made my day. I will gladly wear it with pride all summer!! 

3. Music Week


Rehearsals started quite a while ago for the actors. The technicians were finally able to attend a few of them this last week in order to get map out light cues and make notes for follow spot pickups. The creative process, starting from words on paper and turning them into a show complete with lights, sound, sets and actors is what I love most about my job. With touring shows we don't get to be such an integral part of the process very often, so participating in Music Week is quite a treat! I'm looking forward to getting it onstage a week from today and seeing what it becomes. 

4. Reckless Kelly


Reckless Kelly is a fun country band we had come into our theater on Friday. They claim Texas as their home now, but the two brothers that front the band are originally from Stanley. Small world, right? Above is a photo of on of their merch cases. It was fun to see stickers from a few of my other favorite obscure country bands like Mickey and the Motorcars (also have ties to the Stanley area) and The Crooks. Both bands that you should check out if you don't know who they are. Especially The Crooks!!

5. Nature


One of the best things about working on campus is having the river so close. It is always nice to be able to grab a quick lunch much needed coffee and head down to the river just to get away and clear your head for a few minutes. Its also useful when you need to blow off a bit of steam or stretch your legs to hop on the greenbelt and walk for as long as necessary. Thank you nature for being there when I need you!!

Bonus!!!
6. Fork and OK GO


We had a much needed night out with friends last night that started out with dinner at Fork, which was as usual, fantastic. We then walked over to the Knitting Factory and enjoyed one of the best concerts I've seen in a while. Superb job Ok Go! I would definitely pay to see them again. It was so nice to spend some time with a few of my favorite people at such a crazy fun concert.


No comments