Happy Monday and 5 Good Things






Its been a little while since I did a Happy Monday post, what the hell, right? 


1. Thanksgiving. 
We had a few days off for thanksgiving, and it was glorious. Life has been so crazy busy and stressful that I didn't know if down was up or sideways or.... anyway. We failed spectacularly at properly documenting the holiday... But it was nice. There was only 9 of us and it was beautifully quiet and stress free. 


After dinner was cleaned up and everyone gone home, we curled up and the couch with hot chocolate and a movie. 


2. The Harry Potter Universe 
We lit the first fire in the fireplace this last week and I pulled out Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. Every few years I decide to re-read the series even though, truth be told, I probably listen too or read The Deathly Hallows at least once a year. We also took Laurie to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Cannot recommend it more. It was really nice to dive back into that world for a while, and very exciting to know that there are several more movies on the way. The best part, I think, is that they aren't based on novels... So we have NO IDEA what is happening next. Awesome!

3. Craters of the Moon
I will do an entire post about why I love the place... but for now, here is what we did instead of Black Friday. We participated in #optoutside which is a campaign led by REI to get people out instead of standing in lines for things we really don't need. Its been nice to see #Optoutside grow from the little boycott movement it started at. Seriously, go to instagram and search for it. 


4. Photography
I have really enjoyed heading out with my camera this past year, and documenting my adventures with more of a photographers eye. Looking at things a little differently than I used too and finding the beauty in the little things. I like looking at something and seeing things in it that not many others do. And then pointing it out to others. The way light and water can completely change the way something feels. I love it. Here are a few of my favorite shots this week...

This first is a shot from the back side of Bogus Basin looking towards Horseshoe Bend.
 This is actually a reflection. Its my favorite shot from Yosemite this year. 


  I love the way the golden hour light is streaming through the trees and hitting the doorway of the building. It just feels warm to me. 

5. Painting Projects and Binge Worthy TV

I hate/love that I watched so much TV this week. We binge watched Penny Dreadful and This is Us. But we were at least productive whilst doing so. We repainted the living room and hallway and put up the Christmas tree. I want to re-do the artwork so everything is a little bare at the moment, but we will get there. Oh, and I repainted my hair. 




 
 

No comments