Happy Monday and 5 good things

Y'all thought I forgot about it didn't you! Ha! I am full of surprises. I am also biding time waiting to go to work and have been up since well, I am not sure I ever went to sleep to be honest. We had a log-sawer move in a few days ago. For the record, super nice guy... but I am trying real hard to come up with a way to not hear the snoring but also let myself sleep without taking nyquil. Le sigh... I feel like this is a first world problem, but whatever. I think we should talk about 5 good things that occurred this last week.




It has been a pretty good week overall. Busy, busy, busy at work and I love it! I love the chaos. But to be clear I love the chaos of the work environment, not at home.

1. Hike to Bench Lakes. It was beautiful. I didn't feel well so I tried to turn around at least 6 times. I stopped and read a book, took lots of pictures, facetimed Matt because I randomly found full service on the top of this ridge overlooking Redfish. It was pretty awesome. It was 4 miles of steady uphill so next time I think I will take the lake shuttle and cut a bit of time off this hike, so I can go to the upper bench lakes without feeling like death the next morning :0)





2. Jurassic World. almost the entire Smiley Creek Crew went to Hailey after we closed one night and caught the very last showing of the night. You guys, I am a sucker for nostalgia so I LOVED it. I didn't love everything, but over all it was pretty fantastic. We stopped at McDonalds (bad idea) on our way back to our side of Galena and then proceeded to sing the soundtrack of Guardians of the Galaxy... (shut up, I know I have a thing for Chris Pratt) and played our very our version of Frogger, dodging all manner of wildlife. The best part of the night however was stopping at the Galena Summit overlook to stare at the stars with 3 of my very best friends. It was so clear that you could see Venus, Jupiter and Saturn. So much love... I'm a big fat sap. Get over it. 

3. I drove down to Boise for 2 nights on my days off. One of the best things about the trip was checking out Edge Brewing and Pub. I had no idea this place existed (thanks siri) Awesome food... avocado jalepeno hummus, local cheese curds, blat pita with candied bacon.... Must stop drooling on the keyboard, but seriously, it was THAT good! Oh, they have great drinks as well... Go check them out. They are tucked in the business parks behind Target off of Emerald.



4. Not one but 2 date nights with Matt. We went and saw Jurassic world one night. I saw it a few nights before, but seeing it again with someone who hadn't was pretty awesome. The next night we were able to go see Willie Nelson and Alison Krauss with Union Station. It was a really good concert, and a really huge venue that did nothing but remind me of why I don't like attending massive concerts. I still enjoyed myself and my time with Matt.



5. Scoring, and wearing Frye boots. I got these boots at a thrift store for 15 dollars. And they are vintage. I am not big on dressing up, but for this concert I bought a dress and wore my boots. I'm not a dress wearing girl. Never have been, so this is a big thing you guys!


I hope your week was, or will be as good as mine. Loves to anyone who actually read this word vomit!

1 comment