Happy Monday and 5 Happy Things

Its another beautiful Monday!! Ready for 5 Happy Things?


1. Beautiful the Musical 
I had anticipated a rough week, with our first day being scheduled as a 20 hour shift. Fortunately it went off without a hitch. Such a smooth show run. It helps when a show crew and house crew really get along well. I'm fortunate to have met and worked with these individuals. And what a fun show it was, from start to finish. 



 2. Carole freaking King

Technically you could group this with #1... but I actually admire her for more than just her contribution to the music world. Carole surprised everyone by coming to the closing performance of her musical here in Boise. I half expected it because she is very much an Idaho girl. I met her up in the Sawtooths last summer very briefly. What many people don't realize is how much of a political activist she is, especially in Idaho. She campaigned for the Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection act. Shes a hardcore mountain girl with an artists heart and I adore and appreciate her. I am so glad I was able to thank her personally for everything she has done for Idaho. She deserves her own happy moment!
  


3. Backstage Pirates
This years holiday fundraiser is still going on. We bought some white shirts and opted for a coloring contest. Its been fun to see the submissions come in. 

 
4. SNOW!!!
It finally snowed enough to stick up in the mountains. I'm thrilled! The only thing that could make me happier is if it were in the valley as well. If its going to be cold... I want snow!


5. I made it through the week.  

It is absolutely noteworthy. The holidays always put me on edge anyway, but this year is particularly difficult and my anxiety has been almost crippling. But I did it. I got up every morning, went to work, socialized a bit even... huge, especially since I was working with a lot of strangers. Now... if I can make it through January, I will be good. Definitely in fight or flight mode, but still am managing to find something good to smile about every day. 

I do ask that you all keep in mind that things aren't always as great as they appear on the surface. I know I am not the only one who suffers from depression and anxiety. Please choose compassion this holiday season. For those of us missing families, these few weeks are excruciating. 

 

No comments