Happy Monday and 5 Good Things

Despite my feelings about yesterdays holiday, it really has been a pretty good week!



 

1. Friends, bonding, bitching... Its been a bit of a rough work environment at work. I am absolutely blessed beyond belief that we have all decided to come together in trying times. Going out to decompress and gripe, getting some negative out of our systems a little bit after work has become a thing about once or twice a week. The new friendships that are forming, and the old ones that are being fed are pretty monumental for me. *see post regarding the fact that I suck at connecting* I don't think these people realize what these simple times mean for me. Also of note... Martinis are gross.



2. I started walking to work again, which has been beautiful. Its also been nice physical activity for the days I've been stuck in the theater for 12-15 hours and can't make time for the gym or other like activities. The other afternoon I walked passed the most perfectly gorgeous white iris. Irises remind me fondly of my grandad.



3. This week has brought some new art to my skin. I got two incredibly meaningful tattoos. I'm quite proud. Tattoos number 15 and 16. The quote is "We're all stories in the end; just make it a good one, eh?" In the end, we really are reduced to what others remember of us. Our stories.  That is what I have left, and it is what I will leave. I got that with my friend Katie. The other is my take on a tree of life, that morphs into an anchor. That came about because of something said to me at my grandmas funeral along the lines of "you've endured so much, and been so strong... you've really had to be the anchor of this family." Though I understood what he meant, at the time it made sense because I did feel like I was drowning and being dragged along the ocean floor.









4. Finding balance. One night around midnight after work we walked under the Capitol Street bridge and built some rock cairns. A simple, yet meaningful and zen task. They've since been knocked down, but its a good lunch break activity. I imagine a few more will pop up over the next week.





5. Jerrad graduated!!! Its been a journey, but we are so incredibly proud of him!!!!



No comments