Happy whatever today is and 10 good things




Ahh... its been a while, I know. Still not the worst dry spell between Happy Monday posts, I think. I moved into a new place and just now got internet hooked up so that is going to be my big fat excuse. To make up for my absence, here are 10 things that have made me happy over the last few weeks.




Marriage Equality. Finally.



Finding a little solace on Pettit Lake. Kayaked out all the way to the other end, took some selfies and just floated whilst reading a book. It was all sorts of awesome. Until I got back to my car only to find my extra seat, paddle, pump and storage bag were all stolen from my care while I was enjoying a moment of zen... but lets not dwell on that fact.


Eddie Izzard. I have adored him since I was a teenager watching his specials on HBO with mom who is the only person to love him more than me. I arranged to be there the day of his performance in Boise and managed to get on the call as stage manager. Absolute bucket list item checked off. This fantastic human being did his show in a suit but arrived in and left wearing a skirt and heels. Eddie has fantastic legs and did sound check completely in french. When I grow up I want to be Eddie Izzard.


Its pretty amazing what a few nights in a tent set up next to Hell Roaring Creek and the Salmon River can do for your soul. Matt managed a few days around the 4th of July off. I had to work the busy weekend but was able to stay the night and spend the mornings with my puppies and Matt. 


On Independence Day we got up at 5 am and made the trek to Hellroaring Lake as the sun was rising. 10 miles of wilderness before 10 am is the best way I can think of to celebrate our nations independence. 


I moved into my own place about 2 weeks ago. It is a cute 1 bedroom cabin with a loft I am renting from one of our owners. I am in love, and will be endlessly grateful for this opportunity. The first thing I did was put up moms Keep Calm and Carry On sign. It looks much better now, I will have to take some photos now that it is starting to look more like home.


As if I didn't have enough to be giddy about with just the house, now I have a little fox family living outside the front windows. If you look really hard you will see one. There is a den with, I think, 6 babies and their parents. Adorable. I'm obsessed and have made it a goal to get some good photos or videos of them when they are all out playing.



The Smiley Creek Hiking Club gained a few more people last week. Its the first hike I haven't done solo! Fishhook Creek and meadow was gorgeous as ever. The above photo with Scout standing in front of the camera blocking our group photo attempt is my personal favorite. 



We FINALLY got rain. It had been so dry that we were all anticipating burn bans or a wildfire happening very soon but thankfully we got a round of storms that provided some much needed moisture.  Storms up here can bring pretty intense thunder and lightning and I was not disappointed. The clouds also create some amazing photo opportunities :0)


As nice as it is to be isolated from the craziness of the world, it is also nice to be able to drive 30 minutes and have a nice meal, or go to a movie. Rick and I have gone to Ketchum twice in the last few weeks for Thai food and some thrift store shopping. Its a bit of a drive but outfitting my new place with thrifting finds is far cheaper than the other option... Amazon. Sheesh... that gets expensive! As you can see, we were pretty excited to not be eating hamburgers. It is nice to be in a place mentally where you can enjoy the little things again.


No comments